Introduction to Asana (6-week series)
No prior experience necessary – we welcome you as beginners. In this class you will be introduced to the fundamentals of alignment and philosophy fundamentals of the Iyengar Yoga Method. Classes should be attended regularly for continuity in learning, so it is recommended that Introductory students commit to the entire 6 week series.
Note: After completing the Intro to Asana series, you may retake the series, or move on to Beginning/Continuing level classes.
Beginning level Iyengar Yoga
For beginners that have taken Introductory Asana classes at Garden of Yoga or are familiar with Yoga Asana practice.
For advancing students. Inversions and backbends will be introduced.
Intermediate level Iyengar Yoga
For students whom have taken Continuing Asana and teachers of Yoga. Pranayama techniques introduced. All categories of Asana will be practiced in this class.
Special attention is given to the students’ learning abilities; kinesthetic, auditory or visual. We use props designed by BKS Iyengar to help the student improve range of motion, and to equip them in confidence. The spine is moved in all directions creating strength & flexibility. The students will integrate breathe awareness allowing relaxation, peace of mind & clarity to be experienced. Joy off the mat!
Yoga for Special Children
Private Yoga classes for special children
More Self Confidence Changes your Attitude
Children have natural rhythms & proclivities that may or may not include the following:
- Physically: hyper active or lethargic
- Mentally: anxiety or dullness
- Emotionally: aggressive or timid
Hatha Yoga is a positive tool for all children. Class will create connection and independence by:
- Mantra (sound therapy)
- Pranayama (breathe practice)
- Asana (alignment & spinal movement)
- Deep Relaxation
Yoga Basics is designed to increase the students’ stamina, strength, & flexibility. Breathe awareness allows relaxation, circulation, and a feeling of well being. A commitment to a Yoga practice encourages health & wellness of mind, body, & spirit. Props are introduced for support & ease in performing the postures.
Restorative Aroma Yoga
Enjoy a Sunday afternoon filled with experiential wisdom on creating relaxation and healing at the deepest cellular levels. Using natural scents from mother earth, learn the art of relaxation and revitalization through stillness, breath, supported Hatha Yoga postures and visualizations.
- Feel the benefits of gentle restorative Yoga using props such as bolsters, blankets, sand bags, and straps
- Enjoy aromatic gifts from the earth including like organic flower infusions and essential oils to stimulate
- the immune system, relax the body’s muscles, improve sleep, aid digestion and more
- Learn to lengthen, relax and open the muscles of the body with gentle stretches
- Experience the alchemy of earth, water, wind and sun in each flower essence
- Connect deeply with the breath to create complete rest, health and relaxation
- Experience the art and science of Yoga in a wonderful healing setting
We will feature a different essential oil or flower essence each month.
Buddhist Meditation & Discussion
This Meetup Group gathers each week to practice and discuss sitting meditation. Participants are welcome to practice any style of sitting meditation as long as it is done in silence.
Visit the web site, Weekly Sitting Meditation in LaGrange for details.
Before You Come to Yoga Classes
- You may start your classes at any time. Choose a class level that is appropriate for your level of ability and experience. If you are new to our studio, or new to Iyengar Yoga, notify the teacher in advance that you plan to attend class.
- Do not eat for at least 1 hour before your Yoga class. Do not drink alcohol on the days you will be attending your class.
- Wear comfortable clothing, a tee shirt and shorts or leggings are good. Please be prepared to have bare feet.
- Please refrain from wearing scented products (perfume, cologne, or lotion).
- Arrive at least 10 minutes early to allow yourself time to change clothes, check-in with the teacher, and set-up for class.